Monday, March 27, 2017

PUMPED!

Hello Everyone!!

Hope you all had a wonderful week and are excited for General Conference! I'm pretty pumped for it! I just cant believe that 6 more months have already passed, but that is nothing we can control! In these transfers, I received a new companion, Elder Sureda from Chile! He is the man, and he is finishing his mission this transfer! We are working really hard and seeing a ton of miracles! We have some big goals set for this transfer and I know they will be met!

I don't have much time but I just wanted to share with you guys one thing that caught my attention this past week in a district meeting. Our district leader asked us the question "How do we know that the Lord is pleased with us and that we are doing our best?" And my mind of course went directly to Preach My Gospel, that says that we will know that the Lord is pleased with our work if we can feel the spirit working through us. But another elder in the zone said "When we feel and see that we are progressing every single day!"

I loved that! I think it is a more relatable answer to life than mine. I can assure you guys that if we are consistent in the little things, and that we truly feel and see that we are progressing every single day, the Lord will be pleased with us! Maybe we are going through a rough time, and we feel like the world is falling apart, but the Lord will be pleased with us not thinking about the things we can't control around us, but for our consistency and obedience!

One of my favorite scriptures in the Book of Mormon has a lot to do with this! Nephi at this time was very set back because of the wickedness of those that he was teaching, and he felt that he was useless because of the things that were happening around him, but here is the response that the Lord gives him in Helaman 10:

And it came to pass as he was thus pondering—being much cast down because of the wickedness of the people of the Nephites, their secret works of darkness, and their murderings, and their plunderings, and all manner of iniquities—and it came to pass as he was thus pondering in his heart, behold, a voice came unto him saying:
Blessed art thou, Nephi, for those things which thou hast done; for I have beheld how thou hast with unwearyingness declared the word, which I have given unto thee, unto this people. And thou hast not feared them, and hast not sought thine own life, but hast sought my will, and to keep my commandments.
And now, because thou hast done this with such unwearyingness, behold, I will bless thee forever; and I will make thee mighty in word and in deed, in faith and in works; yea, even that all things shall be done unto thee according to thy word, for thou shalt not ask that which is contrary to my will.
The Lord was not upset with Nephi because of the wickedness of the Nephites, or because of what is going on in the world around him, but blessed him because of his "unwearyingness to do the will of the Lord." Despite any hardship or circumstance, that is something we can always strive to do..be obedient and consistent in doing the will of the Lord! And if we do, we will be extremely blessed! We can't keep ourselves up at night thinking about things we can't control!
I know that Christ lives, that He has descended below it all to be able to give us peace and comfort in the times of desperate need! And so that through Him, we may have everlasting joy and happiness! I love my Savior, and His gospel, and all that He has made me become!
Que tengan una buena semana y disfruten de las palabras de nuestros profetas :)
Les amo!
Elder Yeoman
P-day today at Paraná River
 
The Parana River, the second largest in South America!
P-day at Parána River, where we also played soccer today! 
My new comp, Elder Sureda from Chile!
Goodbye to Elder Andrade at transfers!



No comments:

Post a Comment