Tuesday, May 31, 2016

Chau Boulogne!

Hello Everyone! 

I was transferred this morning from Boulogne! It was a great 5 months where I truly learned a lot and progressed in a way that I never could have imagined! It was an incredible experience and everyone I had the privilege of meeting there will be missed! I am now in an area more to the North called Derqui! (Dare-key) for you gringos haha. I’m super excited to be here and to work with these people. To describe where I am..basically think of a movie or a tv show that its all mud and dirt, and like a super small town..in the middle of nowhere! And I'm going to be riding a bike here..haha thats weird! My new companion is Elder Saez from Chile..yup we broke the gringo curse haha..my first Latino companion. Also, I am now living with another companionship..and the other companionship is the one and only Elder Avalos and his comp, Elder Farnsworth. Elder Avalos was my trainer and Elder Farnsworth is a good friend of mine that got here with me in Argentina, so it will be fun!

But my last week in Boulogne was a great one! Lucas was finally baptized and man was that special! We have worked with him for a while and it was very great to see him take this great step that will guide him throughout his whole life as a new disciple of Christ. The process of teaching Lucas was an experience that taught me a lot...I felt the love of the Lord for him every single time we had a lesson, and I could feel how much he wanted to follow Christ and be the best he could be. It is things like that, seeing the changes that people make to follow Christ that is so special! It is really an incredible thing! 

I think that in Boulogne I learned things that would have been hard for me to learn anywhere else. I was talking to some of the members before I left and I told them that Boulogne has something special..something that you can't really find anywhere else. It was a great experience being able to serve those great people, and trying my best to help the ward. There is not a more bittersweet feeling than leaving an area knowing that you did your best, and helped people to better their lives.

 I never thought that I could ever experience what I have experienced in these last 10 months, or grown how I have grown..through my weaknesses, trials, and difficult times..because we all have them. But I have grown to figure out more the Why of everything..and the Why is because I love my Savior and I want to be like him. I have grown to love the process...becoming. It is a miraculous thing that we have only because of Christ’s Atonement and the Gospel. 
I love my Savior, I testify of Him, and I am His representative. I know that He lives and loves us and knows us perfectly. The only way we can truly be happy is to live in the way the Savior wants us to, and strive to be like Him through our faults, weaknesses, and problems..and that is Life! 

I love you all, thank you all for all of the support and prayers, and I hope that if any of you need anything, that it will show up in my inbox every Monday! 

Elder Yeoman
Welcome to my new home in Derqui. If you look closely, you can see the bikes we are going
to be riding!

This is the road in front of our house. All mud and LOTS of it!
The baptism of Lucas on Saturday! Such a GREAT Day!
My Zone of Awesome Elders while I was in Boulogne!
More AWESOME Elders! 
Elder Phair and Elder Yeoman





No comments:

Post a Comment