Monday, May 16, 2016

Boulogne Boomin'

Hey Everyone!! 
Hope all are well and have had an awesome week! This was probably one of the craziest weeks I've had on the mission, but asi es! Our baptism this past weekend fell through, which was pretty hard because we have been working with this investigator for a long time and have felt very strongly that he has received his answer and is prepared. We got to Saturday which was the day of his baptism and he was still saying that he wasnt ready to take on this huge responsibility. We encouraged him and told him that the Lord will give him all the help that he needs. We were unsure if he was going to get baptized or not, but my companion and I said "We are going to go through with all the prep stuff and we will not call it off." It got to be about 20 minutes before his baptism and he still hadn't called and we hadn't heard anything from him. We then called him and he said he couldnt make it. We were pretty upset, but for some reason it just wasn't the right time for him.

We finished working that day and talked to the Bishop, who said that if he comes to church tomorrow, we can do the baptism then. We are not allowed to go into the part of our area that he lives in, so we wouldn't be able to go get him Sunday morning. We finished planning that night and prayed for a miracle. We came to church and he didn't show up. Sacrament ended and we were walking to gospel principles class and a member comes up to us and said that he brought his friend. We took him to class with us and he then said "I came here once about a year ago. I have read the Book of Mormon, and this is the path for me." I was absolutely shocked. I looked at my companion and we knew that this was in fact a miracle from Heavenly Father..maybe not what we were expecting, but he will be baptized in 2 weeks. 

I really thought about this whole experience, and sometimes we expect things a certain way and at a certain time, but we truly aren't in control of that. What we are in control of is how we live our lives so that we may be able to truly see miracles and understand more the ways of the Lord..because He will always give to us what He knows we need, in the time that we need it. Sometimes that may be different than what we think.

I am very blessed to be a part of this work, the Lords work, and to be His representative. I know that we are where we are today with our struggles, afflictions, and trials, because that is what we need to progress and carry out our purpose, to become like Christ.

I love you all and hope you all have a great week!

Elder Yeoman

I know this is from last week but Jace didn't get to
send any pictures this week! Barbecuing Argentina Style with
Hermano Domingo!

No comments:

Post a Comment