Monday, June 6, 2016

No hay que comer el barro Elder!

Hello Everyone! 
I hope you all had a wonderful week! This week was a good one getting used to the new area and the new ward! The ward is great where I am serving right now, the members are very missionary work oriented and that makes all the difference! I think that we as members take for granted a lot our role in this great work. If every member contributed to missionary work, I think everyone would be shocked at the difference that it would make! 

To explain my subject a little bit..it was like my 3rd day here in Derqui and my companion and I were looking for a member's house and we had to go through a ton of mud to get there. So I decided to stay on my bike to get through it...and shortly I realized that I made a mistake. I can't tell you guys how it happened but the next thing I know I'm diving face first into the mud haha...and then my comp turns around and says "Elder Yeoman, why are you laying down on the ground?" I said "Elder, so it would be more fun!" haha. He thinks I'm the man now for saying that, so we are still laughing about it! 

Right now we don't have anyone in the teaching pool. but we have talked about some things we are going to do to change that and get things rolling here in Derqui. Oh, and I think I'm in Parque Patricios 2.0 because they give us so much food here! 

We have changed something in our mission that I want to share with you all because it is something that we can all learn from and apply! So in the mission, we put goals, goals for the month in the zone and for companionship. But last transfer we changed our focus from monthly goals, to daily and weekly goals with more emphasis. This was a change that I loved! Too often we get caught up in our long term goals that we forget about the things we have to do to reach them! In the mission, our daily goals are what help us to reach our weekly goals, which help us to reach our monthly goals. Or, instead of working for the month, we are focusing on working for everyday..It is a principle very important. 

As we strive every day to live the Gospel, to read our scriptures, to pray, to focus on these things on a daily basis, that is progression. As we stop thinking about tomorrow and focus more on today, that is when we will progress, when your faith turns to action, which turns to blessings and progression.

Everything is our decision. Heavenly Father has given us the perfect plan, with the opportunity to receive all the blessings possible, our effort and obedience is what brings these blessings and helps us to accomplish the purpose of Heavenly Fathers plan. Sometimes we take for granted the little things like prayer, scripture study, or family home evening, and don't realize the blessings that we are missing out on.

I really love Mosiah 2 when King Benjamin speaks to his people..He makes it very clear what we should do, and the outcome of doing it. In Mosiah 2:22 it says something very simple that I love to share with those that I teach:

22 And behold, all that he requires of you is to keep his commandments; and he has promised you that if ye would keep his commandments ye should prosper in the land; and he never doth vary from that which he hath said; therefore, if ye do keep his commandments he doth bless you and prosper you.

Heavenly Father just wants us to keep His commandments, and if we do so we will prosper in the land. This includes scripture study, prayer, and family home evening! We are not asked much, and given everything!

I know these things are true, that we have a loving Heavenly Father that sent His son so that we may, through grace and mercy, live with our families Eternally is the greatest thing we could ever be given. And we have everything we need to get there, how lucky are we?

I love you all and hope you all have a great week!

Elder Yeoman

Elder Yeoman and Elder Farnsworth
Derqui Elders after and afternoon of soccer!
Elder Farnsworth and Elder Yeoman emailing home today!
Elder Yeoman and his companion, Elder Saez with
church members in Derqui! They have been so welcoming
to Elder Yeoman.


No comments:

Post a Comment