Monday, May 9, 2016

La Obra del Señor

Hello everyone! I hope everyone had a great week! This was a week of a lot of learning and growing! It was really an incredible week! I received a lot of answers to my prayers and I felt that I have grown a lot closer to Heavenly Father.

Sometimes when we really need answers to our prayers, we pray with real intent and having desires to really receive an answer..then the answer comes and we don't have the faith necessary to take that as an answer because we were expecting something so much bigger. I think that answers to our prayers come a lot more frequently than we think, but never really in the ways that we are thinking or expecting. We can never forget that we are all sons and daughters of a Heavenly Father that knows us perfectly, way better than we even know ourselves. That is always an important thing to remember, sometimes we just have to learn. And when we are at the point of giving up, He is always there to pick us up. Maybe in a small way that could be insignificant to someone that isn't really paying attention, but it will always be there.

I gave a talk Sunday about the Book of Mormon in missionary work. As I was preparing for my talk I was really caught up by the fact that we literally have everything we need to be able to accomplish the Lord´s purpose for us in life. Which is to live Eternally with Him and our families. I used an example as life being a test, and the Book of Mormon a study guide. Without a guide, life would be an extremely hard test..with a whole lot of factors going in to it. Luckily, Heavenly Father knew that, and has given us the guide necessary to be able to pass this test. Our invitation can lead to the conversion and eternal happiness of another person..and maybe even families. I hope that we can all truly realize what we really have.

Something we have been focusing on as a mission is always giving thanks to the Lord! This is something very important that we sometimes overlook or forget to do. I know that I have been kept very humble as I have strived to thank the Lord for all of the blessings that I have, and all the miracles I have seen every day. Doing this will help us to truly appreciate the hand of the Lord in our lives, which we will be able to see every day!

I love you all! I know that Christ lives, that He loves us and through Him we can overcome everything. I know that this Gospel is true and the only means to really be happy eternally!

Elder Yeoman
Elder Yeoman with Lucas who is being baptized next Sunday

Selfie Sunday with Elder Phair
(excuse the dirty mirror!)
Family Skype on Mother's Day
All together on Mother's Day!
Hermano Domingo (the best barbecuer in Argentina!)

No comments:

Post a Comment