Monday, January 25, 2016

Boulogne Semana 2

Hello Everyone, hope ya’ll had a great week!! 

This week was a good week here in Boulogne! Elder Jenkins and I are still trying to get the hang of things in this huge area, but things are picking up! We had 2 baptisms Saturday, which is always awesome and we are preparing to work super hard this next week to find people! Between learning the area, getting to know the members, and teaching the progressing investigators that we had, we haven't had a lot of time to focus on finding...so that will be our focus this week. We know that as we have the faith and work to find people to teach, the Lord will put miracles in our path!

Im sure every missionary in the world will talk about this today, but we had a world wide missionary conference Wednesday! It was very good and the title of it was "Teach Repentance and Baptize Converts." We see in missionary work around the world that there are a lot of converts that go inactive soon after their baptisms. Through lots of prayer and revelation, the general authorities of the church felt that we need to step up our game focusing on the importance of Repentance! I felt a lot of things during this meeting that really changed my outlook on missionary work and life.

A lot of times as members of the church we forget our important responsibility to share the Gospel and to always talk about Jesus Christ! A scripture was read in the Bible in Matthew that really hit me hard. It is Matthew 10:32 and it says:

"Whosoever therefore shall confess me before men, him will I confess also before my Father which is in Heaven."

I pondered this simple verse, and felt very strongly the importance of always speaking and testifying of the Savior. As missionaries, we are called to give testimony of Jesus Christ, and teach His doctrine! Everytime we talk of Christ, it is talked about in Heaven...between our Savior and the Father! So thinking about the importance of something that may seem so simple, you can realize the power of testimony!

I was reading in Mosiah today and I came across a verse that I really could relate to the mission. In Mosiah 2:11 

11 But I am like as yourselves, subject to all manner of infirmities in body and mind; yet I have been chosen by this people, and consecrated by my father, and was suffered by the hand of the Lord that I should be a ruler and a king over this people; and have been kept and preserved by his matchless power, to serve you with all the might, mind and strength which the Lord hath granted unto me.

Here in Argentina, I’m not anyone special..I still have trials, difficulties, challenges...but what I do have is that I have been consecrated by the Lord, under His protection, and I can serve these people with all the power that He has granted unto me...and with that, I can accomplish the things that the Lord needs me to do. Nothing is because of me. Everything that I could ever do or ever learn is because the Lord has given me the strength and power to do it.

I know that sometimes we may think that it would be hard to make a difference, that what we say won’t matter..well I can promise that it does! 

I want you all to know that I know that Jesus Christ is our Savior, that He lives, and that as we testify of Him, we will see our lives change along with the people around us! 

I love you all and hope you all have a great week!

Elder Yeoman
Elder Yeoman and Elder Jenkins with Hermano Julio 
Elder Yeoman and the Elder Duffin, who is 6' 7"
A GQ mirror selfie before the baptism on Saturday! LOL
Baptisms on Saturday 1/22
Elder Jenkins puppy dog back pack LOL!

No comments:

Post a Comment