Tuesday, January 12, 2016

Me Voy

Hello Everyone!

 I hope you all had an awesome week! So the biggest news this week is that I have to leave Parque Patricios! It is super hard leaving an area that you are in for a while and have made so many friends..but I am super excited for this new opportunity that I have now. My new companion is Elder Jenkins! I have a Gringo curse, haven't gotten a Latin companion yet haha, but its all good! He's a great missionary, and I will learn a lot from him! So we get to open up an area this transfer, which is an awesome opportunity! But right now, the area isn't quite ready to go to yet, so we are waiting for instruction from Presidente to where we are going tonight! I am leaving capital and going to Provincia, which is more campo...like not a lot of people living super close together! And there will actually be a lot of Argentines, so that will be weird! I have almost forgotten I wasn't in Peru.

Time goes by really really fast! It is very important that we make the most of every single day. It is also important that we are making the necessary changes every day to make sure that we are improving and becoming more of the people that Heavenly Father needs us to be! 

This past week in sacrament meeting, 2 very powerful talks were given on 2 very simple and important gospel principles! Prayer and scripture study. Sometimes we take advantage of the fact that we can talk to our Heavenly Father, and that He desires to communicate with us. The power of prayer is real, and it is important that we pray sincerely, and every day. Scripture study is incredibly important as well. As we strive to read and study the scriptures, we will come to know more of Heavenly Father's plan for us, and increase our knowledge of Jesus Christ. Both prayer and scripture study are commandments, because Heavenly Father knows exactly what we need to gain the knowledge necessary! 

I know that as we strive to do the simple things, the Lord will bless us beyond measure! I know that Jesus Christ lives, that He is our Redeemer, and that He knows us personally. He died for every single one of us personally, and does not ask a whole lot in return! Through Him, we have all the hope we can possibly dream of!

I love you all and hope you all have an awesome week!

Elder Yeoman

It was tough saying goodbye to Elder Kelly today! It was a great working together for 6 weeks! 

Saying goodbye to one of my favorite families (The Parejaws)





No comments:

Post a Comment