Monday, December 21, 2015

Feliz Navidad!


Just to clarify some of the Spanish slang…. capo means “the man” or in other words, a really awesome guy. Rey means king. So, Antony is clearly the king of all great guys in Jace’s mind. :-)

Hola!
I want to start off by thanking everyone for all the support that you guys have given me! And I hope you guys can still have an awesome Christmas without me ;) haha. Christmas is an amazing time of year where our thoughts and feelings are directed on the Savior and our families! 

So, this week was really awesome! We had another baptism, Antony, and he is a capo...pero rey capo! He will be a huge help to the ward, and the Bishop is pretty excited to have him in the ward as well! We had the last Devotional of the Navidad yesterday, and it was really spiritual! All focused on the life and teachings of the Savior! 

The Savior really has given us everything, and he really doesn't ask for much in return..just to follow Him! And through His restored Gospel, we can! I always love explaining the simple doctrines of the Gospel, and how the Savior has layed out, through teaching and example, exactly what we need to do. 

This Christmas, I'm more than ever so incredibly grateful for the life of the Savior, and His atoning sacrifice..so that we can all find true happiness in this life and hope in the life to come.

Something that I have been focusing my studies a lot on lately is charity, the pure love of Christ. The Savior says "If a man has not Charity, He is nothing." President Ayre shared something with me this week, that I loved..and I'm sure you all have heard it before, but it hit me hard. He said "If you lose yourself in the work and love for the people, you will find yourself." I really thought about that, and it is so true..if we lose ourselves in the service of others, we will be who the Lord wants us and needs us to be, and reach our full potential..and with that, we will surely find ourselves.

Charity is probably a life long attribute to develop, but I know that if we have it..everything will be easier!

I love you all and I hope that you all have a wonderful Christmas! Never forget why this holiday is so important, and what it means to really have a Savior!

Se que Jesucristo vive, y El nos ama! 
Tengan una buena semana, sigan fiel!!!!!!!

Elder Yeoman

#NOMEPUEDENDEFENDER

Antony's baptism on Saturday with Elder Kelly


No comments:

Post a Comment