Monday, December 14, 2015

$33 Big Macs


I asked Jace what his subject line $33 Big Macs means since he offered no explanation in this email. He said that it is because he has probably eaten 10 Big Macs this past week! He says that the church members always feed them a huge meal at lunch since that is the main meal in South America…. and at night they are so hungry!! I also wanted to include a quote from one of his personal emails to me today. “I miss you guys too, please don’t think that I don’t. I would be lying if I said I didn’t….but it’s so AWESOME here!! I Love it!!” That is all this mama needs to hear! Even though it is the Christmas season and such a special time for families to be together, I have such great comfort in knowing that Jace is exactly where he wants to be, doing exactly what he wants to be doing and he is in great hands!  My heart is so full.  We are sooooo excited to Skype with him at Christmas! It will be the best Christmas gift ever!!!!
Alana

Holaaaaaaaaaaaa!

I hope everyone has had an amazing week and a great holiday season. My Christmas is a little different this year, since it is 110 degrees haha, pero bueno! But this Christmas will be one that I will never forget! A Christmas where I am able to share with all the people here in Argentina the importance of our Savior! Because Ha Nacido Un Salvador!,

This past week we had so many miracles. We really haven't done anything. The Lord is preparing the people and we are lucky enough to be at the right place. He doesnt just help us with this work. He is this work! It is His work, and people are prepared through Him. Someone stopped us in the street and basically said "Hey, I want to be baptized!" Okay! we can help you with that!  It's amazing! The rest of a part member family has decided to be baptized also!! Something My zone leader told me when I only had about a month in the mission was, "Elder Yeoman, the difference between a good missionary and a great missionary is a great missionary believes in miracles." That hit me hard, and I will never forget it. It's not important what our talents are. What is important is the realization that the Savior has His hand in all things, and it's up to our faith and what we truly believe! 

With that, I was thinking about these short past 5 months on my mission, and everything that I have experienced, seen, and been a part of. I have literally seen the purification power of the Gospel change lives, save families, and strengthen my conversion in a way that I will never be the same. It is something that I will forever be grateful for.  It has given me a perspective much more eternal and has increased my vision. The Gospel of Jesus Christ isn't a way of life.  It is the ONLY way of life that we can reach the level of happiness that our Heavenly Father espera of us! Through His plan, centered on families and the Atonement of Jesus Christ, I promise and testify with all of my heart that we will have all the happiness in the world..in this life and the eternities! And as we do so, we will feel of the love the Savior has for each and every one of us. We will begin to understand a little bit just what this plan means, and just how important the Atonement is in our lives. As a representative of Christ, I know He lives, and I know exactly what He wants from each of us. We will have difficulties, struggles, feelings of doubt and feelings of not being able to do it anymore, but our Savior, our Redeemer knows that feeling, and felt it for you personally..and we are all enabled to have His help..Venid a Mi!

This Holiday season, I want you all to think for a little bit about what life would be like without this knowledge that we all have, without the Savior..and then I want you to realize that there are millions of people who have those feelings every day, because they dont know what the Savior has done for them. But we do! We know exactly what He has done for us, and we need to Bring the World that Truth! 

I love you all, and I am so thankful for everyone's love and support for me. This season, come to truly know your Savior.. because it will be the best thing for your life, and for all of those around you!

Tengan Una Buena Navidad!

Elder Yeoman


Baptism this week!

No comments:

Post a Comment