Monday, April 24, 2017

Chau Elder Sureda


Hello All!

I hope this week was a good one and that everyone is enjoying the weather warming up a little bit!! It is starting to get a little cooler here as we get into Fall and sweater weather! 

This past week was good, but not too many new things have happened in regards to the work here in Zárate, or any new stories..We had to go to Capital a couple times last week for the meeting with President Nelson, and also for zone interviews, so that takes up pretty much a whole day in traveling since we are so far away. Next week is transfers again. Elder Sureda finishes his mission and will go home on Monday. 

Something that I have been doing that I have enjoyed a lot is the challenge that President Nelson gave us in General Conference..to study every reference of Christ in the topical guide! I have focused my studies, and plan to do this the rest of my mission on Jesus Christ and His Atonement. The first reference that I was studying a lot last week was "Advocate". In spanish it is "abogado" and the english translation is lawyer. But we know that Christ is also our Judge, Redeemer, and Savior. This being said, we can put it all together and realize that Jesus Christ is our Savior, Redeemer, Lawyer and Judge! He is everything! That is why it is only through Him that we can be saved. That is why through his atoning sacrifice we can not only repent of our sins and receive forgiveness, but we can also receive power to overcome weaknesses and to serve with all of our heart, might, mind and strength. I was thinking a lot in how personally He knows all of us being our Savior, Redeemer, Lawyer and Judge! For example, He has felt every single suffering and pain we have gone through, we are going through, and will go through in this life. He knows us and our weaknesses, because He has experienced it all, and has descended below all things! Why? So that we can be redeemed through His grace and sacrifice! Think about how personal that is that He suffered for your pains and afflictions personally.

Now, He is our advocate to the Father, but He also is our judge! He "pleads the cause to the Father." I tried to imagine this process. He is watching us closely and any act of obedience He goes straight to Heavenly Father to plead our case and show that we are trying. And after all this, Christ will ultimately be our judge, and all that He did for us, and all that He suffered for us will be taken accounted for, and He will still be pleading our case, always pleading our case! He is perfect, and will always be just, but He will plead our case to the Father as we do our best to be obedient to His laws and His gospel.

I then read about the way we can know that we know our Savior and I thought the answer was perfect in 1 John 2:1-3

And if any man sin, we have an advocate with the Father, Jesus Christ the righteous:

 And he is the propitiation for our sins: and not for ours only, but also for the sins of the whole world.

3 And hereby we do know that we know him, if we keep his commandments.

We will know that we know Christ if we obey His commandments. It is such a simple answer. If we truly love Christ, we will do all we can to follow Him, and as it says in 2 Nephi 31, we cannot follow Christ unless we are willing to keep His commandments!

I know Christ lives, that He is our advocate, and through our obedience we can truly come to know Him, and become converted to His gospel, experiment the mighty change of heart, and change our lives forever. I testify of this and know it to be true with all my heart, because I can testify that I know my Savior, a knowledge that has changed my life forever!

I love you all! Have a great week!

Elder Yeoman
 Proselyting in Vicente Lope (President Smith's neighborhood)
Elder Sureda and I after training our last companionship of the night!
After church on Sunday
The magnet that I made to give to converts and members to remember me
forever on their fridge! haha! 




No comments:

Post a Comment