Monday, October 31, 2016

Happy Halloween!!

Happy Halloween Everyone!!
I hope that you all are having a great fall so far, even though I hear that it is still pretty warm there! These weeks are really starting to fly..everyday is pday it seems like haha!
This past week was pretty good, we found a ton of people during the week and we worked super hard but nobody came to church, which is something that has always been tough down here, but they will get there!! Something really awesome that happened this week was we had just left the office one day and we were walking in the street and 2 guys from the corner came up to us and were signaling us down (in Buenos Aires that means you should probably run, haha!) but we stayed to see what they had to say. So we started to share the Book of Mormon with them, then like 4 other people came up to us and my comp grabbed a couple and I grabbed a couple and before you know it we have the whole street around learning about the Book of Mormon. It's like one of those Mormon messages stories, It was pretty cool. From that, we found some families that we will be working with, so we are really excited about that!! All of them also passed us some references so we were able to blow that place up!
We have to flood the earth with the BOOK OF MORMON!!!!!!!!!!
Other than that, this week was pretty normal, we have changed some things in the offices to make our work more effective, which has been a great blessing but taking some time to get used to! We are already going into the last 2 weeks of the transfer which is crazy because I feel like I just got here, so time never stops flying!
I haven't been able to study as much as I would like to with all the crazy things that are going on, but I do the best I can. I have been reading in Mosiah, in chapter 14 and 15 it really has some great things about the Atonement that I love! These are the words of Isaiah in chapter 14:

For he shall grow up before him as a tender plant, and as a root out of dry ground; he hath no form nor comeliness; and when we shall see him there is no beauty that we should desire him.


 He is despised and rejected of men; a man of sorrows, and acquainted with grief; and we hid as it were our faces from him; he was despised, and we esteemed him not.
 Surely he has borne our griefs, and carried our sorrows; yet we did esteem him stricken, smitten of God, and afflicted.
 But he was wounded for our transgressions, he was bruised for our iniquities; the chastisement of our peace was upon him; and with his stripes we are healed.
I especially love verse 5 the part that says and with his stripes we are healed. Really, there is no other way we could be healed if it wasn't for Christ's suffering. He was bruised for our iniquities and has carried our sorrows..and He knows us perfectly.  That is something that I wish everybody could truly know, that Christ knows us all perfectly, better than we know ourselves. Sometimes when we ask ourselves "How could I ever get through this?" Maybe we really don't know the answer, but Christ always will, and will be as ready to help us now as He was in Gethsemane when He suffered for all the pain and affliction in the world, anything we could ever go through, and is as personal as anything we could ever think of.
If everyone knew this, I don't think we would suffer nearly as much as we do, because we will know where to go and find peace, like President Nelson said ¨When the focus of our lives is on Jesus Christ and his gospel, we can feel joy regardless of what is happening - or not happening - in our lives."
I know that this is how it is because I live it every day of my life, and is a joy that nobody could ever take from me!
Les amo!
Elder Yeoman
My lunch today! Yes, I ate it ALL!!!
I ate this too!!!
We traded name tags for Halloween!! haha!

No comments:

Post a Comment