Monday, October 10, 2016

Que tal

Hello all! 

This week was a great week here in La Gran Misión Buenos Aires Norte! I am starting to get the hang of the differences in the offices and things I need to do, so that has been nice. I also learned how to drive a stick shift..I kind of got thrown out in 5 o'clock traffic in downtown Buenos Aires my 4th time ever driving a stick shift so it was inevitable, haha. I figured it out pretty well after about an hour of scaring my companion. So that was a cool part of my week.

Right now we are starting to go into the summer season, and luckily I have an air conditioner..I don't know if you guys remember the air conditioner I made last summer, but this one works a little better, haha! 

We have a baptism coming up of a lady that her name is Alejandra. She has humbled me so much being a part of teaching her. The first lesson we had with her, we asked her at the end of teaching the restoration if we could do a kneeling prayer to ask the Lord if what we had taught her is true, and she did it. And in her prayer she said some things in a way so sincere that I don't think I will ever be able to forget. She said "Heavenly Father, I need to know the truth, I desire to know the truth," and with tears in her eyes she said "I just want to follow thee." And I just couldn't believe the sincerity of this prayer, of what I was hearing. And she ended the prayer and had felt the spirit so strongly she knew that it was true. It was an incredible experience.

During sacrament meeting, I have gotten into the habit of reading a sacrament hymn during the passing of the sacrament. It is "I Stand all Amazed", and it has grown to be my favorite hymn.

  1. I stand all amazed at the love Jesus offers me,
    Confused at the grace that so fully he proffers me.
    I tremble to know that for me he was crucified,
    That for me, a sinner, he suffered, he bled and died.
  2. Oh, it is wonderful that he should care for me

  3. Enough to die for me!
    Oh, it is wonderful, wonderful to me! "
I absolutely love this hymn, and every word cuts me to the core. The amount of love the Savior has for us is indescribable, but if we try our best to come closer to Him, we are able to feel it!

I love my Savior, and I know that He lives! Let us all find more peace, comfort, and joy in our Savior Jesucristo!

I love you all!


Elder Yeoman

The Elders and the Anderson's

We visited Tigre today! A very famous tourist attraction in Buenos Aires

No comments:

Post a Comment