Monday, August 1, 2016

DERQUIIIIIIIIIIIII!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hello everyone, I hope you all had an awesome week! I hear it is super hot out there in the US, so I'm sorry about that!! We've had a couple rough days lately as far as the weather goes haha...really cold, rain, and it hailed yesterday the size of golf balls...I mean I'm not an expert on weather in Buenos Aires but that's something I didn't know was possible haha, but we are all good here! 

This past week we had the baptism of Gonzalo and Prisila. They are kids of a part member family that Elder Avalos was working with in his area and they were baptized yesterday! They are great and we are working with the parents so they can get married and start their way to being an Eternal Family!! Also, we have been working with a couple that just got their papers done to get married, so he will be able to be baptized soon. They also have 2 young kids!! A couple of other families that we have been working with have been a little hard to find and we aren't able to see them too often but they are great and we aren't going to give up on them! 

We have a new focus in our mission on families. Well that's always a focus, but really the family is the most important thing. We are here on Earth so that we can be tested and together as a family live eternally.  That is Heavenly Father's purpose for all of His children, and should be our purpose as well!! As we align our purposes with Heavenly Father's, that is when we will see miracles and truly find happiness!

Well, I was thinking a lot about the weird fact that I still don't understand that I am over my year mark in the mission.  I was thinking about this past year and all that has happened and I was really pondering about the person I am now, and was a year ago. The first thing that came to my mind was that I probably can't guard me from a year ago...No, I'm just kidding! haha! But really, I thought a lot about how much I've changed, which is something that I have felt a lot, but even more now that I look back on the past year. This past year has been the hardest year of my life, but the most rewarding and best for my life. That is a saying that I always remember, that "these 2 years will be the best 2 years for your life." I remember thinking a lot before my mission about how I would change, because my dad always told me that it would change my life forever. I figured that I would change a lot, but I had no idea how or in what way. Now, being a year into it and truly understanding what that meant, and why my mission has meant so much to me, I can only thank my Savior for the person He has made me become. I have no doubt in my mind that what is hard for me and the challenges that I have faced have been exactly for that! There are much more words to describe that I don't have, but I am just incredibly grateful for the whole process.

We are asked to take upon ourselves the cross of Christ and be His disciples and walk with Him. In our journey of trying to become true disciples of Christ, of course we are going to be faced with obstacles and sometimes we will even fall...but like the High Point Young Women camp quote; it's about how we get up and keep going ;) 

I think every week my parents have told me that, its not about your falls, but what you do to improve and keep going. This past year sometimes that's all I have been able to do, just keep going. But I know that my Savior loves me, is aware of me, and that I will have all I need to be the person that He needs me to be! 

I have also had an amazing privilegio of meeting many people who have changed my life forever, and who have contributed a lot to making this so special.

But above all, I have grown to truly love my Savior, and know what it means to follow Him. That is something that I know I will cherish my whole life and will always bring me a lot of peace and hope!  I know that He lives, and that through Him I can live with my family forever. Through His atonement that I have grown to understand a lot better, we can all become who we truly need to be. The Atonement of Jesus Christ is for everyone, but it is up to us to utilize it and show our love and faith.

I love you all and hope you all have an amazing week! Thanks for everything you all do for me. I feel like the most loved missionary in the world!!!!

Elder Yeoman

Baptism of Gonzalo and Prisila

All you can eat  pizza with the Zone on Pday. I won 2nd
place! You don't want to know how many pieces I ate!


No comments:

Post a Comment