Monday, August 15, 2016

Como Andan??

Hello all! I hope you have had a great week!! This week was awesome, a ton of work and a ton of blessings! So I am still in Derqui and working in 2 areas! It is tough trying to maintain both of them but a great experience because there is so much to do all the time! We have transfers next week so we will see if anything changes or if they bring more elders to Derqui again. Either way, I am sure I will be staying here! And this is a great ward and like my family so I am excited about that!!

This week, Elder Avalos left to go home because he finished his mission. It was an incredible blessing to be his companion for a little bit again because I learned a ton from him. It was pretty sad, but it's all good! The thing I am most grateful for though was a conversation that we had one of the last nights he was here, that really changed my whole attitude about my mission and was exactly what I needed to hear. He said "You can serve a mission in 2 ways: just to get through it, or have the attitude that whatever happens youre going to give it all for the Lord." And I feel like that is exactly the kind of attitude I need to have, and has helped me so much since then. Really, nothing can stop me from doing the will of the Lord except for me! And that is how I need to be! That conversation did so much for me! 

I was studying a lot this past week on charity! Everyone knows that charity is the pure love of Christ, but what is charity really?? I have come to realize that like faith, we must exercise our Charity to make it complete! Charity cannot be manifested without action. 

1 Corinthians 13:2

2 And though I have the gift of prophecy, and understand all mysteries, and all knowledge; and though I have all faith, so that I could remove mountains, and have not charity, I am nothing.
This scripture really caught my attention. It says even if a person has enough faith to move mountains, if they dont have charity then they are nothing. We have to have the faith to move mountains, and the love to serve others! And charity is manifested through service, helping others, praying for others, putting others before yourselves. We are hear to serve others, and if we dont we will never be able to reach this charity that we are sent here to reach.
It also talks a lot about this in Moroni 7:46-47

46 Wherefore, my beloved brethren, if ye have not charity, ye are nothing, for charity never faileth. Wherefore, cleave unto charity, which is the greatest of all, for all things must fail—
 47 But charity is the pure love of Christ, and it endurethforever; and whoso is found possessed of it at the last day, it shall be well with him.
I know we can all work on this principle and most important attribute of Christ, and as we do so we will be blessed more than we could ever imagine! As we serve others, and desire to help others we will see our personal lives be changed and be prepared to meet our Savior, and be a true disciple of Him.
I hope that we can all try more earnestly to serve others, and grow together as disciples of Christ! A little message or visit to someone in need goes a long way!
I know that Christ lives and is the perfect example of charity, giving His life to us so that we may be able to have Eternal Life. Why? Because He loves us! And He knows us perfectly! I love my Savior, and all I have because of Him, and that is everything! 
I love you all and hope you all have a great week!
Elder Yeoman
Bishop and Hermana Casariego in Parque Patricios
Saying Goodbye to Elder Avalos
Saying Goodbye to Elder Jenkins
Elder Yeoman & Elder Thompson
Elder Yeoman loves his dulce de leche!
Hermana Majorana dropped the Elders off
at home on Sunday night!



No comments:

Post a Comment