Monday, July 25, 2016

A Year Already???

Hello Everyone! Hope everyone had a nice hot summer week! My week was pretty cold, but it's really not as cold as everyone told me it would be.. I guess because I am used to humidity! 

So this past week was a difficult one, and I am now companions here in Derqui with Elder Avalos, my trainer. It's been pretty fun being with him again because I can actually understand everything he is saying, and now I know better that he is the man. Haha!

So, I wanted to start off with a story from the week..It's the number one play on the sportscenter top 10 haha! Since there are just two of us in Derqui now, we are working in 2 areas and just running around all over the place. Elder Avalos was teaching this family and we went to go get them to come to church with us Sunday. When we got there, the dad came out and said they didn't have clean pants to go to church. They were all covered in mud. He said that they really wanted to go but couldn't for that reason. So, Elder Avalos said "Elder Yeoman, I've got an idea!" We went to a nearby house of another less active member and asked them for 2 pairs of pants to give to the investigators so they could come to church..We got them and then ran back to their house to give them to them. At this point I was pumped, and Elder Avalos was the man for having that idea. We got to the house and they weren't answering the door, so we left to get to sacrament on time. Then out of the corner of my eye, I saw him come out of the house and yelled at Elder Avalos to turn around. We went back and gave him the pants and they all came to church...CLUTCH!! Thats my best story for getting investigators to church! 

Well, we are now just trying to get used to working in 2 areas and trying to make it work, but it is going pretty well! 

I'll have more to say next week but thats all I have time for! I love you all, and hope you all have an awesome week!! 

The gospel is true, and we all have hope through the atonement of Christ, if only we utilize it by doing the things the Lord has commanded of us, which are nothing compared to all He has done for us!!

Elder Yeoman

Elder Yeoman and Elder Avalos with one of the young
men from church.
Selfie for my Mom!
The food in Argentina is Amazing!
Bananas with Dulce de Leche!

No comments:

Post a Comment