Monday, July 18, 2016

Incredible Week!

Well this week was just incredible! It is very true how the Lord magnifies those He calls because I felt more than ever carried by Him this week, and all week long! It was very humbling and awesome to be a part of! This week we were able to find a lot of new investigators including a family that the husband had died about 3 weeks ago from using drugs, and they are absolutely amazing! They really have great desire and were begging us to come back, which isn't the most normal thing that I am used to, haha!

My new companion, straight from the MTC, is Elder Hazelgren from Virginia..yup 2 southern boys walking the streets of Buenos Aires haha! It's awesome! He went to BYU before the mission and he is pretty funny!! He has a great attitude and is ready to work hard!

So I have been studying a lot about the Atonement..and I saw a quote that just made me think a ton that I want to share. It is talking about when we struggle with trials and difficulties, and we have a bad attitude about it, but it says:

"But is this really as bad as it seems? What if we knew that someone paid in advance for all these difficulties? What if, in turning us toward Heaven because we have nowhere else to go, our difficulties actually point the path to the salvation and exaltation we came to earth seeking in the first place? It's a different perspective, isnt it?"

Wow this is just incredible and so true. Imagine if we could think like that, how different we would feel all the time? Because that is exactly how the Savior wants us to feel! We are here to progress towards Salvation and our difficulties and trials are what point us to the direction that we need to be in to reach this goal that we have!

I know that this is true without a doubt, because I know that the biggest reason I am who I am is because of the difficulties and trials I have faced this past year. I may never be perfect. I may not be the best teacher, but I love my Savior, and I try really hard. And at the end of the day, I can enjoy this process! I know that my Savior lives and loves us all! Through him, we will be successful! 

I Love you all!!

Elder Yeoman
Elder Hazelgren (new comp), Elder Stafford and Elder Moura
Welcome Cake for Elder Hazelgren at a church member's home














No comments:

Post a Comment