Monday, June 20, 2016

Feliz Dia Del Padre

 Hello Everyone!
Well first off, I hope that all of you guys had an awesome Fathers Day! It was Fathers day here in Argentina! I have the best dad though ;).  Even though I wasn't able to celebrate it with my dad, I definitely thought about all the things he has done for me throughout my life. A big part of who I am today is because I always had him as an example and as my biggest role model! And one thing that I always tell my dad is that Heavenly Father gave him to me so that I can understand better the love He has for me! Because it is hard to even think about the love my earthly father has for me, even harder to think about my Heavenly Father! But my dad is the best man I've ever met and my whole life I will always strive to be like him!

This past week I had the opportunity to go to the temple again (gracias a mi compañero) and yes everyone,the rumors are true!....I got to see Elder Stafford (one of my best friends from home)!!! I was hoping and praying all week that I would be able to see him and right when I was walking out of the temple he was walking in! The Lord is always aware of His children, and even though it seems small and insignificant, it was a miracle that we got put in the same place at the same exact TIME! He is doing great, loving it, and he got to talk to my comp who is a native spanish speaker to see what it is like a little bit!! I felt so much peace and comfort in the temple, knowing that it is the House of the Lord! It's a place you never want to leave.

I had the opportunity to give a talk in sacrament meeting! The Bishop set up that this Sunday was a missionary work sunday..so the 4 missionaries spoke! He told us to pick what we wanted to talk about. I decided that I was going to talk about the excitement of Preaching the Gospel....how we as members have to be pumped! And more specifically, what helps me to be excited and pumped, and that is to truly know and understand the Doctrine of Christ. What helps to get me pumped is learning and applying the Doctrine of Christ. If we learn and apply the Doctrine of Christ, we gain a testimony that it is the only way that we can reach Salvation, and the Lord has given us all the opportunity that we need to be able to do it, based on our diligence in following Him and our consistency in living the Gospel. That has been one of the things that I most cherish from my mission so far, the unwavering testimony that I have gained through study and application of the Doctrine of Christ. This has helped me to overcome a lot of challenges, difficulties, and trials that I have faced, giving me an incredible amount of joy and hope! I can truly say that I know that the Gospel is true because I strive every day to live it and I feel in my heart the joy and hope that comes from this knowledge! 

Honestly, I can't imagine my life without this knowledge, without this hope that if I live the doctrine of Christ I will be able to live Eternally with my family, Heavenly Father, and Jesus Christ! How much hope that brings and strength to continue to do my best everyday is incredible! 2 Nephi 31:17-21

17 Wherefore, do the things which I have told you I have seen that your Lord and your Redeemer should do; for, for this cause have they been shown unto me, that ye might know the gate by which ye should enter. For the gate by which ye should enter is repentance and baptism by water; and then cometh a remission of your sins by fire and by the Holy Ghost.
 18 And then are ye in this strait and narrow path which leads to eternal life; yea, ye have entered in by the gate; ye have done according to the commandments of the Father and the Son; and ye have received the Holy Ghost, which witnesses of the Father and the Son, unto the fulfilling of the promise which he hath made, that if ye entered in by the way ye should receive.
 19 And now, my beloved brethren, after ye have gotten into this strait and narrow path, I would ask if all is done? Behold, I say unto you, Nay; for ye have not come thus far save it were by the word of Christ with unshaken faith in him, relying wholly upon the merits of him who is mighty to save.
 20 Wherefore, ye must press forward with a steadfastness in Christ, having a perfect brightness of hope, and a love of God and of all men. Wherefore, if ye shall press forward, feasting upon the word of Christ, and endure to the end, behold, thus saith the Father: Ye shall have eternal life.
 21 And now, behold, my beloved brethren, this is the way; and there is none other way nor name given under heaven whereby man can be saved in the kingdom of God. And now, behold, this is the doctrine of Christ, and the only and true doctrine of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost, which is one God, without end. Amen.
What joy this truly brings me, and I testify that this is true! That this is what can truly bring us peace and happiness! Jesus Christ lives, and made it possible for us to overcome all and return to live with Heavenly Father again! 
Now, we must share this joy, this happiness, this hope with all..that they might be able to truly know of the true importance of the Gospel of Jesus Christ! 
I love you all! 
Elder Yeoman

Elder Yeoman and Elder Stafford (a great friend from home) who is in the Argentina MTC
and will also be serving in the Buenos Aires North Mission beginning next month. Elder Yeoman
has been looking forward to seeing Elder Stafford for months!!!

One of the wonderful families in Elder Yeoman's ward in Derqui!
Cake for Fathers Day on Sunday!
In deep thought!
Elder Yeoman and Elder Avalos together again! (he was Elder Yeoman's trainer)
Elder Farnsworth and Elder Yeoman
The AWESOME Elders of Derqui!!!
Elder Yeoman, Elder Saez, Elder Farnsworth and
Elder Avalos






No comments:

Post a Comment