Monday, April 25, 2016

Still Can't Guard Me!

Hello Everyone! 

I hope this was a great week for you all! 

This week was a good one! We had found some more investigators..but at the end of the week we had a couple let-downs, but thats how it goes sometimes. We are here on this Earth to experience both sides of it, right? Well, one of our investigators that was going to be baptized this week moved back to Japan. He had lived in Japan most of his life and didnt have a prior knowledge of God. Being a missionary in South America...that is extremely rare. It was the first time I had the opportunity to teach someone that had no idea who God was. It was very humbling and I grew a lot in the process, and even more importantly, I know he did too. Luckily, we will be able to keep in contact through email! 

This week something that I have been learning is the importance of desire and faith. When Nephi desired to see the things his father saw, he was asked "What do you desire?" and "Do you believe that your father saw these things?" These 2 simple questions caught my attention..We can easily apply them in everyday prayer and situations. 

What do we desire, and do we really have the faith to receive it? I know that Heavenly Father already knows our desires and what we need, but it is still important to tell him, also having the faith enough to receive it! I hope that we can all pay a little more attention to what it is that we desire, and also what we are doing to show the faith necessary to receive it.

I love you all and hope that everyone has a great week! Sorry that I don't have pictures. I dropped the ball on that one this week! But thanks for everything!!

Elder Yeoman

Elder Yeoman had a super busy week and didn't take any pictures! Luckily, he
sent his mother this selfie while we were emailing today! 

No comments:

Post a Comment