Monday, April 4, 2016

Conference!!!!!


Hola!!

First off, I would like to thank you all for the birthday wishes and support always! It was a great birthday and its going to be an awesome year 19!!!!!!

Wow...General Conference was incredible! I was truly humbled and spiritually uplifted this weekend! I can't even begin to express how lucky I felt being able to listen to the words of God through His living prophets. I hope you all took advantage of the opportunity to receive the guidance and hope that came from listening to these words. It was incredible hearing the things that I needed to hear, and having my testimony increased in so many aspects. Sadly, I totally forgot all of the notes I took and things I was going to share with you guys so I am going to do my best to try and share some thoughts that I had.

The first thing that caught my atenciĆ³n was the talk by Elder Hallstrom in the Saturday morning session about the importance of truly realizing that we are children of God. He asked a question that got to me..I don't remember exactly, but it went something like this:

When we have hardships, trials, or difficulties..what is our first reaction? Is it that we have a loving Heavenly Father that knows exactly what we need to become and who he wants us to become? This really made me think..about my mission, my life, the people I am teaching, my family, everything! I know that Heavenly Father knows us in a perfect form and He knows exactly what we need to progress and become the sons and daughters of God that we have been sent to the Earth to be. This went along well with some of the things I have been learning all week, some of the experiences I have had, and how much my testimony has been strengthened of the reality of the love of Heavenly Father. Some things in life are hard..but I KNOW that these hard times and difficulties are gifts from Heavenly Father so that we may become the people that He needs us to be. And I promise that the person that He needs us to be is the person that will be the happiest for this life and the one that is coming..and the one that will be able to receive all of the blessings that are in store. I know that Heavenly Father loves each one of you, and knows you perfectly..every hardship that we go through..what we get is progression! How perfect is His plan and How merciful is He? 

Another thing that really caught my attention is the talk by Elder Holland. He said that trying counts too. Trying to be the best you can be and trying to be who Heavenly Father needs you to be counts too. I loved that! That brought me a whole lot of peace, joy, and hope! I know, personally, how imperfect I am..how much I need to improve. But I also know without a doubt that I have help, and that "Heaven is cheering me on forever". That is a great lesson for every one of us to realize, that more than anything...Heavenly Father wants us to do all we can, and wants progression. I know that through my imperfections, Heavenly Father is still happy for me trying to progress. I felt that very strongly during Conference..and He feels the same for all of you! Through Christ, the difference will be made!

And last, of course ...the talk about Fathers. This is something that I have never failed in my life to be thankful for..the example and love of my dad! In every aspect of my life, my dad was always there to give me the example I needed to become who I needed to be. There was a quote in this talk that said something like "The best gift a father could give to their kids is helping them become closer to Heavenly Father" or something like that. I am forever grateful for my dad, and all that he has taught me and his example. I tell my parents all the time that I was given them to help me realize a little bit how much Heavenly Father truly loves me, because it is even more than them! I have always looked up to my dad my whole life. Even when I was a little boy, I will always remember wanting to be just like him. As a 19 year old, that desire has only gotten stronger! I have always felt that there is no way I will ever be as good, or even half, but my dad will always be such an example to me and an incredibly huge part of what I am today. And of course, this made me think of my mom as well! There is no one that I know that could ever show more Christ like love than her. I am forever grateful for her and for all that she has done for me, her sacrifice, and for helping me to learn what the pure love of Christ is! 

I always leave Conference as well with an increased testimony of my Savior, of His Atonement, and His love for us! I know that He lives, that He is a cure to all. And that because of Him, we are already cured of all! Jesus Christ is our Redeemer, and leads this church! And I testify of that! 

I love you all!! 

Elder Yeoman

Aguante Carolina!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Gringos Birthday picture at conference on Saturday! Haha!
Feliz Cumple Elder Yeoman!

Another Birthday Celebration with Fliya Amaya!

My Birthday cake made by Mirr Duarte! So Yummy!
On divisions with Elder Molina!

Out to lunch with the squad!

Elder Yeoman and Elder Jenkins at
Puerto Madero with the Zone!

No comments:

Post a Comment