Monday, March 7, 2016

Elder Yanqui y Elder Gringo

Hello Everyone! 
Hope you all had a wonderful week! The weather here is really perfect right now. It is about 70 degrees and sunny every day! But it is Buenos Aires, so it will probably go back up to 100 degrees soon haha, I am enjoying it while I have it!

This week was...Incredible!! My companion and I really went into this week with animo ready to explode it! From the very beginning of the week, the Lord had blessed us a ton just off of us striving to do His will and putting in the extra effort. We had felt a little down because we were having trouble finding, so we both agreed we would make an extra effort. So Sunday night we made goals for this past week, and we just went out to work, not really knowing how it was going to turn out..but we went out to get it done! We finished up the week with 8 investigators at church and 3 new investigators that are preparing for baptism! 

I was able to reflect a lot on this past week, and what we did differently and what helped us to have this success. I think a huge part of it was our mentality, our go get it mentality, that both us and the Lord knew that this week was going to be a week of success and progression here in Boulogne! 

So this little lesson that I learned this week goes a lot further than being a missionary, just like all of the lessons that I have learned in my mission so far! If we are going to do something, if we are really want something...GO GET IT! We can show the Lord how much we want it, how much we are willing to sacrifice, and He will make up the rest! 

I know without a doubt that this church is true. I love it, and I have grown to realize the importance of the atonement in my life and the lives of others! I hope that everyone can get up a little courage this week and go out and reach your goals and what you are striving for :).

Les Amo!!!!!!!!!! Espero que todos tengan una buena semana! 

Elder Gringo

*A little background about the name Elder Gringo; The Bishop’s 5 year old daughter can’t read yet and she doesn’t know how to pronounce the missionaries names. She calls Elder Yeoman, Gringo and Elder Jenkins, Yankee.  The names have become terms of endearment and that is what everyone in their Boulogne ward calls them now. :-)
"Elder Gringo and Elder Yankee"
Elder Yeoman sporting his authentic Argentina "luau shirt" :-)






No comments:

Post a Comment