Wednesday, February 10, 2016

Yes, I ate the Fish!


It was Carnival (a National Holiday) in Argentina this week and that means everything shuts down for business.  Since all of the internet cafes were closed, Jace was just now able to email us today.  He is doing great!!!! For everyone that wonders what “Yes, I ate the fish!” is all about…. A sweet lady in Argentina sent pictures to me on Sunday while Jace was at her home for lunch.  He was holding up a cooked fish that still included the head and all!! Everyone that saw the picture must have had the same question for him….. “Did you eat that fish?” I have included a couple of the fish pictures with this post.  
Alana

Hello everyone! 
Hope you all had an awesome week! This week was a little slow and crazy because of carnival. Anyone who has served a mission in South America knows exactly what I am talking about...and it is pretty insane! So for that, I am writing today and not Monday! We had a pretty tough week this week. We really didn't find anyone new and we didn't teach very many lessons..but sometimes we go through weeks like that to get prepared for huge miracles and blessings to come! Yes, I know you guys are all wondering if I ate that fish, yeah I ate it haha! It was kind of weird, but it is what it is! 

Elder Bednar is coming to our mission February 24th!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 

So last week we had a Zone Conference with President Ayre, and he started out by saying "We are literally sons and daughters of God, and sometimes we take for granted the significance of that..our true divine potential. Who are we as sons and daughters of God, and what are we doing to reach our divine potential?"

I was thinking about that a lot this past week..I am a son of God, with a divine potential that I hope to be able to reach one day. How can I reach my divine potential as a missionary, a future father, a future husband? Being a missionary right now in my life, I think has a lot to do with reaching my divine potential. I think part of my mission is a journey to find who I really am. And who I really want to be will come from my faith, obedience, and confidence in the Lord! I have found that we can only reach our divine potential through living the Gospel of Jesus Christ..Every Day! Heavenly Father sent His son, so that we may have the opportunidad to reach this potential that He has prepared for us.

I was reading a talk out of the Liahona the other day by Elder Holland that is titled "Know the Godhead" or something like that..i read it in Spanish so I dont know what exactly it says in english haha! I was reading about the importance of knowing the role of the most basic and fundamental doctrine that we teach in this Church..that God is our Heavenly Father, that Jesus Christ is His son, and that the Holy Ghost bears testimony of them both! It was talking about the role that each of them have, and how united they are in purpose. Then, it took me to a chapter in the Bible, John 17. In this chapter, Jesus Christ offers His Intercessory Prayer and something really caught my attention even more of all of this, of why we are here and how important the Gospel really is! 

Right before Jesus was betrayed, He prayed to the Father. He begged the Father on behalf of every single one of us..that with all He did, doing all the will of the Father, His suffering, Atonement and everything, that we could be united with them. That we would be united with Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ, because when we are united with them, we can truly reach our potential, and everything they want for us! That we may be one, like unto them. This is a huge testimony of the importance of us, as children of Heavenly Father. 

The Father, the Son, and the Holy Ghost are united in purpose and in doctrine. For that reason, we have the Gospel, so that as we follow the doctrine of Christ we may be able to reach our divine potential! I have found that in all that you can study and learn in the Gospel, it all comes back to the importance of the Doctrine of Christ, and living the first principles of the Gospel. Jesus Christ made everything possible for us, and as we follow Him and His doctrine we can be united with Him and the Father, and reach our divine potential!

I stand all amazed at the love Jesus offers me,
Confused at the grace that so fully he proffers me.
I tremble to know that for me he was crucified,
That for me, a sinner, he suffered, he bled and died.

Oh, it is wonderful that he should care for me
Enough to die for me!
Oh, it is wonderful, wonderful to me!

Through Christ, we can accomplish all that Heavenly Father has in store for us, and reach our divine potential! What are we doing to reach our divine potential? We are following our Savior and Redeemer, Jesus Christ.

I love you all and hope you all have a wonderful week!!

Elder Yeoman

It's a running joke in our family to make fun of my Grandma's big feet! I took this picture for her and told her that I found her shoe!
My companion, Elder Jenkins and I went bowling on Monday for Pday

I REALLY need a haircut!!!!!

Yes! I ate the fish!!!!














No comments:

Post a Comment