Wednesday, February 24, 2016

Me Quedo en Boulogne!!!!

Hello everyone! 
I hope you have all had a great week! This week was transfers and my companion, Elder Jenkins and I are staying together here in Boulogne for the super transfer (8 weeks)! This past week was a tough one for us. It was hard finding anyone new to teach but that is part of the mission..you have to push through!! 

I had the opportunity to give a talk in sacrament meeting this past Sunday. It was a great experience and I learned a lot from it! I spoke on faith, but I focused more on the action of it! We can clearly see that in the scriptures and in real life there is a faith and an action to everything. I used an example of lifting weights. We can say all we want that if we lift weights we will be stronger, look bigger and grow..but if we don't do it, we will never see any results (Then I said that we would look like Elder Jenkins haha..everybody got a good laugh out of that). Or BJ would say that then it would look like me haha! Anyways, the same is with faith. We can say that we believe. We can say that we should repent. We can say that Jesus Christ is our Savior, but if we don't act on this faith..we cannot receive the blessings! 

An example of this that I came accross in my personal study this past week is in Alma 34 

 15 And thus he shall bring salvation to all those who shall believe on his name; this being the intent of this last sacrifice, to bring about the bowels of mercy, which overpowereth justice, and bringeth about means unto men that they may have faith unto repentance.
 16 And thus mercy can satisfy the demands of justice, and encircles them in the arms of safety, while he that exercises no faith unto repentance is exposed to the whole law of the demands of justice; therefore only unto him that has faith unto repentance is brought about the great and eternal planof redemption.
 17 Therefore may God grant unto you, my brethren, that ye may begin to exercise your faith unto repentance, that ye begin to call upon his holy name, that he would have mercy upon you;
We can see here that through the atonement of Christ, we have the opportunity to receive His mercy...but His mercy is only available to those that exercise their faith unto repentance. And we know that salvation comes through the Mercy of the Lord, which is only available through exercising faith!
Exercising our faith will help us to conform to the will of the Lord and also enable us to be able to reach our potential in this life! 
I love you all!!!!! Thanks so much everyone for the support and love!
Elder Yeoman
Life is good here in Boulogne!

I was so excited to run into Elder Kelly at the mission office today!






No comments:

Post a Comment