Monday, October 12, 2015

Semana 5 in Argentina......Creo?

Hola Everyone!

I am shocked every single week how fast time is going! We have 3 companionships in my ward and we are all having trouble finding people to teach! So, we fasted for our metas (goals) and I am really feeling good and confident about this week! That's what it is all about, faith! We have to have the faith and desire to accomplish our goals, or we never will! So our last progressing investigator fell through this week because her dad, who lives in Peru, wouldnt allow her to be baptized :(. She was so ready, and even passed the baptismal interview, but it was a last second thing. But, we did what we could, and the seed has been planted! My companion and I have been trying to look for more ways to get the members excited to get involved in missionary work! We were sitting there in companionship study one day thinking, and we buy these chocolatada shakes, which had writing on them like this: Lunes-chocolatada con un amigo..Martes-Chocolotada con su estudios..etc. So we were like...WE GOT IT. So we made a 7 day calendar for specific things that the members can do to help us in the work, and get them excited for missionary work! We printed it out and gave it to all the families in the ward Sunday!

Fast and testimony meetings here are incredible! Nobody gets up there and tells stories, or their life experiences. It is an hour of people testifying of our Savior. The Spirit during that meeting was so strong. The people here are so humble and it is awesome serving them!  One thing that I am learning and comprehending more and more every day by being here on a mission, is just what exactly the Savior did for us. Not only did he give His whole life for us, but He also provided His Gospel, the ONLY way we are able to live with our Heavenly Father again with our families. Stop and think about all the blessings that entails, it is truly remarkable. I will never be able to comprehend all of the Atonement. None of us will. But what I do know, and can testify of with all of my heart, even in Spanish, is Jesus Christ is my Savior! He lives, and has provided a way for all of us to know true happiness. All he asks is that we have faith in Him, repent, and endure to the end! "If ye know all these things, SEE THAT YE DO THEM."

I dont have much more time, but I love you all and feel the love and support of you all every day, along with my Savior! The greatest thing we can do as members of the church, is share the Gospel! Never forget what the power of your knowledge and your testimony can do for so many around you! 

Transfers are next Monday, so my next Pday will be on Tuesday....so, Mom don't freak out when you don't hear from me on Monday! Haha!
Okay, I broke the news to my parents last week, so I will tell you all now..Since I arrived in Argentina, I have gained 25 pounds hahaha! These members love me and feed me lots!! ;)

And for my family: Ponderize for the week - Mosiah 2:41

Love you all!!

Elder Yeoman

I have to take selfies because having a camera out in public isn't the brightest thing to do in Argentina. Haha! This photo was taken this morning. 

No comments:

Post a Comment