Wednesday, August 19, 2015

Week 3, Whoa! Almost a Month!!

As usual, I dont know where to start..So I'm going to start with the balling session I just had. 3 hours of straight Can't Guard Me in the gym! I caught an alley oop on someone in my district and made another fall, it was great. So these past 2 weeks of no gym was so good for me. No more ankle problems (well except for the members in my district) haha and my back is feeling great! 

But on a more serious note, this week was awesome. So I was supposed to be released as district leader because it is only a 3  week assignment but they told me they wanted me in longer, so that made me feel pretty good! Im super happy about that, I love my district and I love serving them. Yeah we have a lot of fun, but let me tell you, we bring the Spirit really strong when its time to work and focus!

Something I read and started thinking about alot! These 2 scripture passages in D&C- 128:22 and D&C 31:1&13

22 Brethren, shall we not go on in so great cause? Go forward and not backward. Couragebrethren; and on, onto the victory! Let your hearts rejoice, and be exceedingly glad. Let the earth break forth into singingLet the dead speak forth anthems of eternal praise to the King Immanuel, who hath ordained, before the world was, that which would enable us to redeem them out of their prisonfor the prisoners shall go free.

1 Elder Yeomanmy son, blessed are you because of your faith in my work

13 Be faithful unto the endand lo, am with you. These words are not of man nor of men, but of me, even Jesus Christ, your Redeemer, by the will of the Father. Amen.

I love these scriptures sooooo much and I read them every day! I can promise with surety that I will never go backwards and I will always press forward with steadfastness and faith in Christ. And when I do this, it is ON, ONTO THE VICTORY!! Jesus Christ says that if we, as missionaries and members of the Church, are faithful and diligent then He will be with us unto the end! I already feel so many blessings from serving my Heavenly Father and there is no where in the world that I would rather be!

So I was walking to lunch the other day and I passed a picture with Moses 1:39 and the prompting came to me- Jesus Christ's whole Work and Glory becomes mine, as His representative. I really thought about that and know that at 6:30 every morning when that alarm clock goes off, I hop out of bed, pray, and do everything I can to make sure I fulfill my call and responsibility. In 2 years, I will look back and say that I did my best, and that The Lord will be pleased with me! Something else I do is carry my  Dad's missionary tag around with me, I will attach a picture of why. But every time I put my tag on and think about the type of missionary my dad was and the type of missionary my Heavenly Father needs me to be, I want to work so hard! 

I love you all! THANK YOU to everyone who writes to me and sends me packages, I love it and it is so comforting to know how much support I have behind me!!

Talk to ya'll next week,

#CantGuardElderYeoman 

Elder Yeoman name tags in Portuguese and Spanish
Richard's (from 1989-1991) on the left and Jace's on the right
Weekly trip to the Provo Temple
Elder Yeoman with Elder Sears
He was very happy to receive a 24pk of his favorite soda! Thank you, Allie!!

No comments:

Post a Comment