Monday, May 15, 2017

Happy Mother's Day!!!!!!!!!

I hope that all of the mothers out there had a wonderful Mothers Day! I am so very thankful for my mom, because she is the best one out there :).

It was great talking to my family yesterday, to give me that extra boost to keep working hard till the end!! It is crazy how much time flies!

Something that I shared with them yesterday that really caught my attention this past week was a scripture in D&C that I loved and really hit home with me! It helped me to gain an even stronger testimony on the objective of a missionary, and the importance of helping others to come closer to Christ!

D&C 53: 2-3 -

Behold, I, the Lord, who was crucified for the sins of the world, give unto you a commandment that you shall forsake the world.
Take upon you mine ordination, even that of an elder, to preach faith and repentance and remission of sins, according to my word, and the reception of the Holy Spirit by the laying on of hands;
I began to think about how this scripture was presented. Jesus Christ presented Himself as He who was crucified for the sins of the world, and then says for us to take upon ourselves an ordination, that of an elder, to preach the gospel of repentance. I began to think about how important of a responsibility it is to invite others to partake of the peace and happiness that entails the sacrifice that the Lord did for all of us! He has ordained me to invite others to be able to receive the blessings that come from his eternal sacrifice! That just gave me a ton more excitement to go out and share my testimony of Christ as His representative! 
That is one thing that will stay with me the rest of my life, the feeling of testifying of Christ as His representative, something that has changed my life forever!
I love you all! Have a great week!!
Elder Yeoman
Elder Bradford and I 
My new comp, Elder Ortiz and I
 My Ward mission leaders sick suit jacket haha, had to take a pic in it
Our last family Skype before Elder Yeoman returns home in July!






No comments:

Post a Comment