Monday, November 21, 2016

HAPPY THANKSGIVING!!

Happy Thanksgiving everyone!! Hope you all eat a ton of turkey and stuffing and all the good southern stuff, I'll be sticking with my milanesa and fideos!

This week has been a good one! My companion and I have put some really good and challenging metas down so we can see some big differences this week! I feel that this week is going to be a big one, so we are excited for it! 

In my reading this week of the Book of Mormon, I was reading in Alma 5, which is an awesome chapter, one of the most powerful testimonies in the Book of Mormon! One verse caught my attention, and we also talked about it in Elders Quorum on Sunday. It is Alma 5:14 que dice; 

 "And now behold, ask of you, my brethren of the church, have ye spiritually been born of GodHave ye received his image in your countenances? Have ye experienced this mighty change in your hearts?¨

After reading that, I remembered a talk by Elder Bednar that talked about our role in helping other people have this mighty change of heart. He says that it is "our job to take the word unto the person, and it is their job to take it into."

So, that being said, we play a big role in this process for other people, as we share our testimonies and as we are examples to others as well! And I know that this mighty change of heart is the best thing that could ever happen in the life of any person on this Earth, and only is possible by the help of the Lord, and through us as the instruments in His hands as we prepare ourselves and strive to be the people that He wants us to be!

I hope that everyone can recognize all that they have to be thankful for in this special Holiday of Thanksgiving! I am so very thankful for the gospel and Heavenly Father's plan of happiness that is a perfect and merciful plan, and also for my wonderful family who supports me in all that I do!

I love you all! Have a great week!

Elder Yeoman

Look who showed up in the office today, just in time for basketball!
(Elder Stafford, my good friend from home)
The life in the office! haha!



No comments:

Post a Comment