Monday, September 12, 2016

Cuenta tus Bendiciones!!!!!!!!!!!

Hello everyone, hope you all had a nice week! I dont know what the weather is like up there but down here I'm pulling out the short sleeves :).

So this past week we had a BUNCH of changes in the mission! We are literally flooding the Earth with the Book of Mormon!!!!!!!! And man has it been such a blessing to me. So we have been challenged and asked to work in a different way than I have been working for a year, which is fine with me because I like change sometimes. So I have been pretty pumped about it! The goal is that we give out 5 Book of Mormons every day with scheduled appointments to return, and talking to pretty much everyone! This is something super different than the normal working through members all day that I am used to but I am still excited about it! It was a great week full of miracles!

We were also challenged to read the whole book of mormon in 12 weeks, and I love Book of Mormon challenges because I love reading the BOM fast. I always learn a ton and it is hard to put down!! But other than that, I wanted to share an experience that we had last week!

So we were working with a less active family and this particular member didn't want to give us a reference and I looked her in the eyes and said "I know you have a name in your head right now and that you need to say." And she was like..but Elder, she is super evangĂ©lica and doesn't want anything to do with our church. But for some reason I knew that something would happen. She gave us the name and direction and we went and she didn't want anything haha, but as we were leaving I heard a voice call out "Elders", and that isn't that normal here because there aren't a ton of people who know the church. Long story short, it is a less active member that just moved here a couple months ago and was looking for the church so her 9 year old daughter could be baptized...ohhhhh yeahhhh! And in her street they are all family and a bunch of them have shown interest!! So the moral of the story is you need to give references to the missionaries, you never know why a name would come to your mind!! 

In my study of the Book of Mormon, something really called my attention that I wanted to share with you all. In 1 Nephi 2:6-7 : 

 And it came to pass that when he had traveled three days in the wilderness, he pitched his tent in valley by the side of river of water.
 And it came to pass that he built an altar of stonesandmade an offering unto the Lord, and gave thanks unto theLord our God.
So this is something that is easy to look over as we are reading the Book of Mormon and something that never called my attention before, but it hit me this time! And I thought I had 1 Nephi memorized haha! We can think for a little bit how hard it would be to leave everything at home behind and start walking in the desert because the Lord has commanded us to do so. And we all can think about all the suffering that we would probably go through, like Lehi and his family- But here we learn a lesson very important! They finished walking, pitched their tent and what is the first thing they did? They built an altar and gave up an offering to the Lord, and thanked Him. In this moment I don't think they were thinking about all the tough time they had, all of the trials and tribulations they faced, but about how merciful the Lord was for saving them from the destruction of Jerusalem. 
Why can't we look for our blessings before we look for our trials?? I for one have been blessed so much that even though I still might complain, I really shouldn't. My family is Eternal. I am able to represent my Savior Jesus Christ, and I have all the hope and peace in the world through my Savior. Instead of complaining, we can look first to our blessings!! 
I hope you all have a great week!! Thanks for all the love and support..You guys make it a lot easier!
Elder Yeoman
New soccer jersey (a gift from Hermana Majorana)
Can never get enough Dulce de Leche
My Boy, Elder Saez (former companion)
Awesome package from David Schmid and family!

Dr. Pepper at last and rockin' the new BYU tie!

First Mac & Cheese in over 13 months! Thank you to the Schmid Family!




No comments:

Post a Comment