Monday, November 9, 2015

Bautismo!!!

Hola Familia y Amigos,

Hope you all had an awesome week! This week was really special for me because I had the first baptism of my mission so far, and I got to perform it so that was pretty special as well! It is really hard to explain the feelings of that....knowing that I got to be a part of the Lord, through His Gospel, changing the life of someone. Directly after the baptism, I could see, with tears in her eyes that she without a doubt knew how important this step was for her. It is really incredible what this Gospel can do for people, and I am very blessed to be a witness of it all!

We didn't really have a whole bunch of luck finding people this week, but we were kind of caught up in teaching our other investigators (that is an okay trade off with me ;). But, our other investigators are progressing well, and there should be another baptism on Saturday! 

During my studies throughout the week, a couple things stood out to me that I would like to share. One, as missionaries we always talk about what our purpose is and what our objective is....but what is the objective of the Gospel of Jesus Christ, put simply? The Gospel of Jesus Christ, put simply, enables us to be purified and cleansed from sin through the Atonement, so that we may receive the greatest gift of all, Eternal Life. As missionaries, we invite other people to repent, allowing them to have the opportunity and make the decision to be purified and cleansed from all their sins, so that they may know true happiness. This reminded me of a talk I heard in the MTC. I cannot remember who gave it. However, he said that there is a very simple reason  that people don't accept the Gospel when we teach it. They simply don't understand what the Lord is giving them.  If we taught in a way so that they truly understood the opportunity that the Lord is giving them, they would want the Gospel in their lives.

I know that this Gospel is true, and the only way. I know that by living these simple principles, we are promised Eternal life, a promise that is greater than all! I know that Jesus Christ lives and loves every single one of us.  I know that every single time a soul is brought to repentance, He weeps! Because He knows that His Atonement, His sacrifice, His work and His Glory, was exercised. 

Te Amo Mucho!! 

Ponderize- Alma 33:23

Elder Yeoman




Elder Yeoman's first Baptism on Saturday 11/7/15


Elder Yeoman and Elder Avalos at the baptism on Saturday



Lots of happy missionaries in The Chacabuco Zone!
(Elder Yeoman in center of back row)

Apparently, Elder Yeoman is the tallest person around that can help reach things up high!! ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment