Monday, December 26, 2016

2016!

I hope everyone had a very Merry Christmas, and I hope you guys have a Happy New Year, as well! As another year comes to a close, we have the wonderful opportunity to analyze ourselves and see how we grew this past year, what goals we were able to achieve, and also of course, what we need to work on for the next year! I honestly cannot believe for a second that 2016 comes to a close this week. I think this was the fastest year of my whole life, and the most challenging, rewarding and best for my life as well! 2016 is a year that will always be remembered, probably every single day of my life as the year that I spent every single second as a missionary of the Lord!

I know that we have all grown this year.  As we look back and think about who we were and who we are, we should be able to see growth in ourselves, even if it is a little growth. Even if it is something that seems insignificant, progression is the most important thing! As this year ends, I can honestly say that I have grown and changed a lot, in ways that continue to surprise me, but most of all in my relationship and understanding of Jesus Christ, His Atonement, and His gospel. 

I know the kind of person I want to be forever, and exactly what it takes to become that person! I know that through our trials, we grow and we can achieve the purpose that Heavenly Father has set for us.  I know that we play a huge role in the happiness of others as we share the gospel with them.  I know that Jesus Christ lives and is our Savior, and that what He did is personal for everyone! I know that day by day as we try our best, His grace and Atonement is what will carry us! I know that through Joseph Smith, Heavenly Father has restored His gospel, as a means whereby we may be able to live eternally with our families. I know that the Book of Mormon is true and contains the answers to all of life's problems and difficulties, and was written for us and our personal trials and hardships! I hope that all can realize everything we have to rejoice about as we strive every day to be better, to live our lives according to the commandments of God, and honor our covenants and remember Him every day! I know that Jesus Christ loves me, is aware of my struggles and weaknesses, and is with me every step of the way to lift me up!

I stand all amazed at the love Jesus offers me, confused at the grace that so fully he proffers me. I tremble to know that for me he was crucified, that for me, a sinner, he suffered, he bled and died”

I hope you all have a wonderful week, a Happy New Year, and that you take advantage of the wonderful gift Heavenly Father has given us, that is the family!

I love you all and am very thankful for all the support and prayers!!

Que terminen bien el año J

Elder Yeoman

The Office Elders on Christmas Day!
Elder Stafford and Elder Yeoman at the Christmas Devotional
Christmas Day Skype with Elder Yeoman
Ellary made this heart and sent it to Jace. She told him
to keep it in his pocket always. She was so happy when
he pulled it out during our Skype yesterday.
Love that smile!!





No comments:

Post a Comment